Tom has been restoring San Francisco historic landmarks since the early 1970’s in the Haight Ashbury revival of its treasured Victorians. His dedication to the authenticity of genuine restoration is clear in the projects he has chosen, the use of materials and the quality of craftsmanship. We provide production and consulting services for commercial property owners, developers, homeowners, HOAs, municipalities and school districts.
Tom has served five years on the board of directors for San Francisco Architectural Heritage.
Recently Tom participated in the development of the Façade Repair Ordinance for San Francisco’s planning department which will help guide building owners through the permitting process.
The following, are a few of some of Tom’s proudest achievements in the restoration of historic landmarks:
• Sunol Water Temple
• Conservatory of Flowers, Golden Gate Park
• Carousel, Golden Gate Park
• Park Aid Building, Golden Gate Park
• San Francisco City Hall
• San Francisco Opera House
• War Memorial Veterans Building
• Marin Civic Center Hall of Justice
• Marin Civic Center Spire
• Roosevelt Middle School
• Ferry Building, San Francisco
• Coit Tower, 2014 Preservation Design Award from California Preservation Foundation
• Toyon Hall, Stanford University
• Civic Center State Building
• Hearst Memorial Mining
• Sonoma City Hall
• Ida B. Wells School
• Alameda Coast Guard Station
• Golden Gate Valley Branch Library
• 1095 Market Street, San Francisco: Pilaster Replication with Page & Turnbull